Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Visitation to Kidzania Learning 11/10/2016


After the sharing about Malaysia on Sunday (09/10/2016), I am troubled and asking what role can I play in the midst of huge challenges.

Company has CSR program bringing students to Kidzania. I myself are interested and passionate in a way because this is about impacting our next generation. On the other hand, a thought came to me as I pray: is not this a good opportunity to be friends with the non-Chinese.

I understand we have prejudices towards certain group of people and I also understand that God transforms the heart of the people who pray.

With strong intention of impacting younger generation and be friends with non-Chinese group, I went...shared about the "ice-berg" and tried my best to be friends.


1. Standard six students: most of them have mobile phones...they are influence by the technology: information overloaded, games, social media...this generation is more IT savvy than the older generations

2. Female teacher told students 1) earn lots of money in the future 2) marry a rich person 3) male can marry 4 female

3. Whilst female students are more prone to use mobile phone for selfie...guys use it for games (make me think of guys need target to hit/achieve...learning from Gen iY)

4. A young thirty over male teacher was using mobile phone to play soccer game in the bus in front of students

5. A non-Chinese colleague of mine asking me about Chinese schools...considering to send children to Chinese school due to the reason that Chinese school or Chinese do better in future

No comments: