Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008 Decoration

It was a great and totally new experience to be almost fully involved in the Christmas decoration in church. We worked until after 12am for most of the days. But I really glad and thankful, especially to OS that I have learned a lot regarding decoration stuff. I think pictures speak more that words, below are some of the decoration that we have for our Christmas.





18 Dec and 19 Dec -
I suppose there were 2 days instead of one day. Without earlier notice, I suddenly involved in the wedding decoration as well. It was for Wei Hong and Dorothy's wedding. Although it was really exhausting, however we managed to get the things done before the wedding. Fortunately the setting of the chairs, tables and lighting outside the field were not done by me. If not, I have no idea what will happen...



Below are the names of the flowers that I have learned:



I think this is a very precious experience for me to expose in this totally new "industry". But I would say all the decoration matters were really much challenging than what I have tought before. Because to do decoration is like PKL (Pao Ka Liao) which involves stage, flowers, lightings, painting, "cushioning", setting, creativity, wood cutting.... During the decoration, it really consumed my physical and mental strength. If you do not believe, please get yourself engaged in next year's decoration.

Words for OS: Please take care of your health. For long term, this kind of overloaded working hour and conditions really deteriorate your health (and mine as well). Better planning and timing, and also have committed helpers or even workers would definitely help to improve this kind of situation.

No comments: