Wednesday, October 14, 2015

THE DANCE

THE DANCE

Written by Alex tang
(Adapted from ‘Tales from the Monastery: Spiritual Formation the Asian Way p93)

“Come dance with me,” God invited, extending his hand.
But I do not know how.
“Don’t worry,” God said, “just follow me”.

He smiled, as he [took hold of] my hand,
His [grip] was gentle, but I felt deep scars on his palms.

The music was already playing when we reached the dance floor,
The music of eternity,
Of love given and lost,
Of longing and emptiness,
of pain and forgiveness.

We began to dance, initially [clumsily without grace],
with my two left feet, stepping on and stumbling over each other.

“Just let go, give yourself to the music, he said.

Soon, the awkwardness was gone, as I learned to let go,
and follow his lead, letting the rhythm of the music fill my being.

Round and round the dance floor
we move as one.
One in mind,
One in Spirit,
One in soul,
one with the Lord of the dance.




No comments: