Sunday, April 22, 2012

What an ironic day?


11 December 2011

I was driving as usual going to work at Westports. Using the same roadway, I came out from my house, passed JJ and stopped at the t-junction’s traffic light which making a u-turn in front would lead to Westports. This morning I was listening quite attentively to the radio station BFM. However, usually I would go for MyFm.  I turned right at the junction and headed towards Westports.

There are two lanes on the road. I was cutting out to the right lane in order to speed up. In front of me was a lorry and I waited for a few cars passed through then only was I able to move to the right lane. Speeding up and following quite closely to the car in front. Just before the Shell Petrol Station, suddenly and unexpectedly the car in front of me either pressed the break paddle quite strongly or stopped the car on the spot. Fast observations of mine realised that a few cars in front were not moving as well while the left lane traffic was still flowing.

Without wasting time, I wanted to put my car into stop immediately. Unfortunately, the distance was too short and the break system was not strong enough for me to stop on time. Bang! I hit the Viva in front of me. Just a couple of seconds between the time I was trying to stop and hitting the car in front, I already knew that it was too late and I was sort of “prepared” for the collision to happen. Fortunately, it was not a continuous accident where in front of us there were two more cars involved but only one direct car involved. Four cars in total where the second car hit the first whereas I was the fourth and the last car hitting the third.

We parked our car at the petrol station so that it would not block the traffic. Then, I went down from my car to see and find out about the situation. Under that circumstance, I was shaking a bit. After discussion with the lady driver of Viva, eventually we left the place. After I made an U-turn heading back home, white smokes coming out from my car before I went out from Pulau Indah. Stopped for a while to let my car cool down then only I continued driving back. Again white smoke coming out due to my car water had dried up before I reached Jusco. Stopped at the road side and waited for my dad. My dad came and we exchanged car and drove back to the shop safely.

Just the day before, I was asked by my parents to go to SSM for their business registration. But I refused straight away and it was a very rude replied. Today the car accident happened. I was on emergency leave on the accident day, ended up the same if not worse if I would have agreed to apply leave to accompany my parents. What an ironic day…

No comments: