Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aspects that we might neglect


I needed to make a decision to choose from one of the two weekly events of church. The names of the events are iFocus and Explore. Both are meant for international students/working people. Basically, iFocus is for Christians because it focuses on detailed study of the Bible. On the other hand, Explore tends to be more suitable for non-Christians because it helps you to discover the “surface” of Christianity.

In order to make a better decision, I joined both of the events before my term started. However, I still could not decide which one I should stick with because I think I have learned a lot from both of the events. Thank God that one Singaporean Christian helped me in this decision by asking me a question: Which is the event that your friend needs you the most? Eventually, I decided to go to Explore.

The key thing from this experience is that I always think from my own personal benefits instead of a broader view of eternity. This reminds me about the book “Purpose Driven Life”. Besides the factors that we always take into account, I think considering the aspect of eternity could lead us into a wiser decision and make it easier to decide (like my case above).


Expanding temporary prospective into an eternal view. By asking what would Jesus do, could also help me to consider the aspect that I tend to forget always.

No comments: